Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cvs export for tla?

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cvs export for tla?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:44:28 -0600

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:36:48AM -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

Thank you. I always forget about that inventory command. Though I've
adjusted your approach

tla inventory --unescaped -s package-0.1 |tar -cjf myarchive.tar.bz2 -T -

Note. -B flag to inventory causes all the arch files to be added to
archive :)

Actually, -B should only add directories along with files. Though I
don't know that you *need* to add them.

And you're right, -T - is much better than xargs, since xargs can't be
told to only split on newlines.

I understand that they decided to use '-0' to handle it, but it would
still be nicer to do the newline thing. In filenames, spaces are common,
newlines are significantly less so.
There was a discussion of creating an xxargs, or "tla xargs" to handle
tla escapes, since Tom doesn't really like the -0 flag. Don't know that
it ever went anywhere.

John
=:->