Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cvs export for tla?

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cvs export for tla?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:36:48 -0600

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

Hi!

Is there a command for tla that does the same thing as cvs export. Ie.
it gets the sources but without any {arch} information?

I don't know that there is, but you can do:
tla get package--branch package-0.1
tla inventory -B -s package-0.1

(-B = --both -s = --source)

So you can do:

tla get ...
tla inventory --unescaped -B -s package-0.1 | xargs \
   tar cvzf package-0.1.tar.gz

There is a small bug in the above if you have spaces in filenames, as
xargs thinks of them as separate files. You can use the escaped form,
but that causes other problems, as then the name doesn't match the
filesystem name.

A while back, I think there was another way of doing it, involving for,
or while read, or something like that.

John
=:->