Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating a Project Tree for an Archive on a Remote

From: Daniel Hedge
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating a Project Tree for an Archive on a Remote Machine
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:19:09 -0800

> > revision lock error
> Is this the full error message?
arch_import: unable to acquire revision lock (internal error in
archive-pfs.c(pfs_lock_revision))
    tree: /etc
    revision: address@hidden/test--etc--0--base-0

> Do you use the same user for sftp as the one creating the archive? If
> not, check the permissions.
I think so i will recreate the archive anyway in the next experiment
and make sure (has become good at removing arch and reinstalling it)

> BTW: You can use make-archive etc. on the sftp client, no need to do
> that on the server host. You don't even need tla installed on the
> server, it just has to provide some access method (HTTP, FTP, WebDAV,
> sftp).
Their are only two machines.. 1) the machine that is using the files
and 2) the machine those files and their histories are archived on. If
I am misunderstanding you I appologize..

It is possible to create a project tree on a machine that tla is not
installed on ? how!?!  :-O *begs*