Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/tla on cygwin (again)

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/tla on cygwin (again)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 01:15:48 -0500

Bob Tanner wrote:

On Monday 11 April 2005 04:14 pm, John A Meinel wrote:
I took his changes and put them into a arch repository. I'm at present
(as in worked on it yesterday) getting all of the tests to pass.
The branch is available from:
http://ct.radiology.uiowa.edu/~jfmeinel/archives/address@hidden
a-cygwin-2005 I have some testing builds of it at
http://ct.radiology.uiowa.edu/~jfmeinel/tla-short-path/testing/

I think I got everything to build, but unit tests are failing.

================ unit-file-names tests ================
home...
make[3]: *** [tests-timestamp] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tanner/projects/arch/tla-cygwin/src/=build/hackerlab/tests/fs-tests'
make[2]: *** [test] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tanner/projects/arch/tla-cygwin/src/=build/hackerlab/tests'
make[1]: *** [test] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tanner/projects/arch/tla-cygwin/src/=build/hackerlab'
make: *** [test] Error 2

Can you try:
export TESTS_VERBOSE=1
make test

Just so that I can see what is failing? All of the hackerlab stuff worked for me. My quick guess is to make sure $HOME is set, but it should actually be set by the test script, since it uses a custom $HOME.

Also, this code needs you to build the custom versions of tar/diff/patch (which are in the archive, though I am still tweaking them right now). And have them in the appropriate place, and modify the ../configure stage.

I realize it is still quite a bit of work, but I'm trying to get the tests to pass on my machine, and then make it easier to install.

Also, I just realized I forgot to include one of the custom branches in the main config. Probably the easiest thing to do is to start from scratch:

export address@hidden
tla get $A/diffutils--pcomp diffutils
cd diffutils
./configure && make && make install

cd ..
tla get $A/tar--pcomp tar
cd tar
./configure && make && make install

cd ..
tla get $A/patch--pcomp patch
cd patch
./configure && make && make install

# You should now have pcdiff,pcdiff3,pctar,pcpatch in something like
# /usr/local/bin
# Should these be called pc-diff? hmm....

tla get $A/dists--pcomp--1.3.1 tla-pcomp
cd tla-pcomp
tla build-config config
cd src
mkdir =build
cd =build
../configure \
   --with-gnu-tar=pctar \
   --with-gnu-patch=pcpatch \
   --with-gnu-diff=pcdiff \
   --with-gnu-diff3=pcdiff3 \
   --with-enable-pathcompress=1
make
make test
make install
cp =install/bin/tla /usr/local/bin/.

Or at least something along those lines. Remember, this is still a work in progress.

John
=:->