Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/tla on cygwin (again)

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch/tla on cygwin (again)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:26:15 -0500

Bob Tanner wrote:

On Friday 15 April 2005 07:40 am, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

Try just creating and extracting a tarball with pc-tar.

pc-tar cvf myfile.tar somedirectory/

echo $?
0

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
pc-tar xvf ../myfile.tar

echo $?
0

All worked as expected.

You know, debugging over a remote (email) connection is pretty difficult. :)

If you want, we can try IRC, or something else.

You might try to simulate one of the tests. You can do something like this:
cd $builddir/tla/tests/homedir
export HOME=`pwd`
cd ../workdir
cd <whatever directory tla was running in>
gdb --args <the command that failed>

> break panic
> break exit
> run

Is there a command to tell gdb to trace into child processes? Because
that is really what we want.

I could probably debug this at home if I was seeing the problem, but
unfortunately, all tests pass for me.

John
=:->