[Gnu-arch-users] svn-arch-mirror 0.4.0

From: Eric Wong
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] svn-arch-mirror 0.4.0
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 00:29:29 -0700

Hello,

Tracking upstream packages that use Subversion or migrating entire
just got better in every way: svn-arch-mirror 0.4.0 is out!

The hard drive on my test machine will be very glad this round of
testing is finally over, it's been filled up (60GB) completely a few
times, and I got to see rm -rf ~/{revision-library} take 27 hours to
complete (I'm actually waiting on another run of that).

ChangeLog:

0.4.0 (2005/05/07)

add: support for baz via the --arch-client switch.  tla is still the default,
        but both clients should be supported as first class citizens

add: find-nested subcommand added to find nested dual trees, specifying the
        --config option with this prints out a tla multi-project config to
        stdout

add: --one-repo/-1 option added for use with sync-nested

add: --ids-from option for imports for preserving previously used arch-ids

fix: support R (replaced) files used by a few repositories

fix: get subcommand takes full revision names correctly

fix: splitting a file into multiple files in svn while keeping the original
        no longer causes tla to panic

fix: handle .arch-id directories that have somehow been committed to svn

fix: nested directories and files are renamed correctly when the parent
        is renamed

fix: set LC_ALL=C to work with other locales (thanks to Tollef Fog Heen)

chg: made datefudge an optional dependency via the --no-datefudge option

chg: --cacherev-mod removed, let external tools or baz take care of better
        it since it only worked for init or large syncs (uncommon)

chg: rename sync-all to sync-nested, since sync-all implies the current tree
        is synced, which is not the case

chg+fix: explicit id tagging is handled internally now, which (finally)
        guarantees independently-created Arch mirrors of the same repository
        using this version and future versions can apply changesets and merge
        with each other.  The only catch is that both Arch mirrors need to
        have full mirrors (not created with -r) (note: this is slightly
        incompatible with some of the pre-releases)

chg: new changelog format, the more detailed but less concise autogenerated
        one is still available as ChangeLog.arch

chg: general code cleanups and reorganization

chg: remove all dependency on the find command and use File::Find instead

chg: remove all dependency on the rm command and rmtree instead

Grab-File: http://yhbt.net:2100/2005a/svn-arch-mirror,release,address@hidden

Archive-Name: address@hidden
Archive-Location: http://arch.bogomips.org/address@hidden
Target-Revision: svn-arch-mirror--release--0.4.0--versionfix-3
Debian-Package: http://arch.bogomips.org/debian

Also, future releases (0.5.x) will be from my new archive:
Archive-Name: address@hidden
Archive-Location: http://arch.bogomips.org/address@hidden
Target-Revision: svn-arch-mirror--1

Enjoy!