Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Regarding pyarch future

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Regarding pyarch future
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 20:11:07 +0000

On 08 May 2005 10:29:00 -0500, John A Meinel wrote:

> I think a lot of it is if we could define what "Arch" is. I know it was
> mentioned in the past about writing actual documents. I think we could
> discuss on the list, but probably as Migo says #arch might be better.

No, I didn't say anything about #arch, this is a too general channel
with no interest in development of arch frontends.

> >My focus on Baz-NG is not merely a consequence of corporate policies.
> >I personally regard it as a superior model and I am confident in the
> >author's ability to deliver a tool whose design it as least as good as
> >Arch, and which provides a superior user experience.

It is hard to have an opinion about something that does not exist.

But I once said you my worry about baz (that it sometimes feels like a
dumbed down version of tla intended for svn users), so if this is the
direction, then at least technical superiority is not obvious for me.
The user experience may be another story, but it is personal, one likes
the unix feel, someone else may hate it.

> >It just needs more interest than "it would be nice to have, but I'm not
> >going to need it".

Yes, this is the problem. People with skills and dedication are missing.

Regards,
Mikhael.