[Gnu-arch-users] cscvs with a corrupted CVS

From: Vincent Bernat
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs with a corrupted CVS
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:32:45 +0200

Hello !

I try to convert a CVS  repository to an Arch one with cscvs. However,
the CVS repository seems to be corrupted for at least one file.

A target/Makefile [1.1]
cvs [update aborted]: invalid change text in /openwrt/openwrt/target/Makefile,v
Performing undo due to exception: "cvs -q update -p -r1.1 'target/Makefile'"
failed with exit status 256

Looking at the  corresponding CVS web, I see that it  is unable to get
versions 1.1  to 1.4  but version 1.5  seems complete. I  suppose they
corrected the error but that versions 1.1 to 1.4 cannot be retrieved.

How could I overcome this error without having access to the internals
of the CVS repository ? Is it possible to create this file blank until
the revision 1.5 ? Pr to ignore  the error (and fix it manually in the
TLA tree) ?

I use cscvs--hun--1.2.
--
BOFH excuse #354: