[Gnu-arch-users] Locale question

From: Szilard Hajba
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Locale question
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:00:28 +0200

Hi!

When I looked into my log I found the following:

address@hidden/isdk--mainline--2.3--patch-20
    k jún 28 11:06:15 CEST 2005
    Szilard Hajba <address@hidden>
    Code cleanup

address@hidden/isdk--mainline--2.3--patch-18
    Mon Jun 27 00:30:43 CEST 2005
    Peter Vazsonyi <address@hidden>
    Add: fsql.vim search_path menu

address@hidden/isdk--mainline--2.3--patch-17
    v jún 26 12:52:54 CEST 2005
    Szilard Hajba <address@hidden>
    New report generator doc

address@hidden/isdk--mainline--2.3--patch-16
    Wed Jun 22 13:06:14 CEST 2005
    Peter Vazsonyi <address@hidden>
    Fix: ,,already exists'' error in fml syntax

It seems to me that tla puts the date in the format of the locale of the
client machine. It looks weird, wouldn't it be better to store a locale
independent date in the files and format it for displaying?

$zilu

--
Hajba Szilárd                   Symbion Bt.
Tel.:   (+36)20/203-31-56       H-9028 Győr, Új u. 38.