Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Locale question

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Locale question
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:22:27 -0400

Szilard Hajba wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I looked into my log I found the following:
>
> address@hidden/isdk--mainline--2.3--patch-20
>     k jún 28 11:06:15 CEST 2005
>     Szilard Hajba <address@hidden>
>     Code cleanup
> [...]
>
> It seems to me that tla puts the date in the format of the locale of the
> client machine. It looks weird, wouldn't it be better to store a locale
> independent date in the files and format it for displaying?

I'm not sure which command this output is from, but if you
`tla cat-archive-log` one of these revisions, you'll see that a
locale-specific Date field and a uniform Standard-date field are stored
in the logs. So you would want the command to extract Standard-date
instead.

HTH,

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>