Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch2git import script

From: Martin Langhoff
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch2git import script
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:57:12 +1200

On 9/3/05, Anand Kumria <address@hidden> wrote:
> It appears to handle Arch-source, git-target (and a few other
> combinations) fairly comprehensively.
>
> http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor

Only now - just did a bit of reading of the mailing list archive:
http://lists.zooko.com/pipermail/tailor/ -- interesting but I'm unsure
of what it currently does and doesn't do.

For example, my current arch import will follow a project through as
many archives as you tell it. And it will know to import only one
project -- not the whole archive which may contain unrelated projects.
I am just now adding the smarts it needs to detect merges (or at least
what GIT considers merges) and mark them appropriately. I don't see
much in that regard in taylor so far.

Don't get me wrong, I suspect that Taylor will probably superceed my
puny script in due time. But at the moment, it's unclear... I may ask
a question or two in the mailing list...

cheers,

martin