[Gnu-arch-users] Re: my career as journalist? think-tank leader?

From: Lalo Martins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: my career as journalist? think-tank leader?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:01:19 +0800

And so says Thomas Lord on 13/09/05 09:15...
> It was for that reason I didn't rush to conjure up my own
> numbers about the significance of $600US/m in any region
> other than my own.
>
> I'm not wonkish enough about that (yet?).  I am sure you are
> at least roughly right and just as sure that I'd want to
> better understand the issues and trends before making too
> specific a claim in that area.

well, I'm working in a company in Beijing, and my post reflected the
actual salaries of my acquaintances here :-)

> Perhaps I should go back to busking as a writer? :-)

Actually, I'd encourage you to try.  There's always a market for a good
analysis of one field from an experienced professional, specially if
it's from a different point of view than the ones most people publish.

Why don't you make a list of publications that might be interested, and
send pitches?

It would probably be a few months till that makes you enough money (I
have written professionally before, and it's not exactly a
get-rich-quick job), but it would be quite rewarding in other ways.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.exoweb.net/                  mailto:address@hidden