[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Obsoleting abrowse

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Obsoleting abrowse
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:17:59 +0000

On 11 Sep 2005 20:44:19 +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> I've just changed "baz browse" to look a bit more like "baz abrowse".
> As discussed in another thread, I think some of the decisions taken
> are not relevant anymore since the namespace change is unlikely to
> happen. No need to prepare a transition then.

Thank you for your work. I always thought that even if the namespace
change becomes a reality (that as you say is less likely now), this still
does not require us to remove the abrowse functionality. It may simply
refuse to work with a new hypothetical archive format, and continue to
work with all currently existing archives.

If you update a binary in /~moy/tmp/baz place, I will test "browse".

Migo.