[Gnu-arch-users] help, now what?

From: Kevin Geiss
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] help, now what?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:03:18 -0700

I've been trying to wade through all these threads lately, comparing tla to other SCMS (git, darcs, monotone, mercurial, bazaar, bazaar-ng/ bazaar2/bzr, etc)

I also spent some time playing with git. finally realized git simply can't do some of the things I've been relying on tla to do for me. the most important thing is being able to maintain separate branches, which cherry-pick changes from each other. it seems to me that isn't too strange of a thing to want to do. but it looks to me like it's simply not possible in git, monotone, or mercurial.

so for now I plan to continue using tla just like I have been. it's not like the license is going to expire or anything. :)

someday though, I may want to transition to something else. the only thing I can see which would even remotely qualify is bzr... can I easily convert my tla archives into bzr to try it out? or do I have to first convert my tla archives to baz, then convert those to bzr? any pointers on how to do any of this?

thanks