Re: [Gnu-arch-users] help, now what?

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] help, now what?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:55:41 -0400

Matthew Hannigan wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 03:03:18PM -0700, Kevin Geiss wrote:
>
>>easily convert my tla archives into bzr to try it out? or do I have
>

> You'll be able to convert to bzr archives, the command is called baz-import,
> I think; i.e.
>               bzr baz-import
>
> It's there now, though not super mature as I understand.
>
> Matt

Canonical has a large set of arch archives at:
http://arch.ubuntu.com

Which they eventually will transition to bzr archives. So there will
indeed be a tool to do so. Right now their is Tailor (which is a tool
for converting between 4+ source control tools, I'm not sure if it
supports writing to bzr yet).

baz-import is a part of Aaron Bentley's bzrtools package
http://panoramicfeedback.com/opensource/bzrtools/

And it requires that you have baz and pybaz installed. However, it can
read a tla archive directly (baz natively supports tla archives, and tla
1.3.3 could read baz archives as well).

John
=:->