Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Question about Arch librification

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Question about Arch librification
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:10:59 -0400

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 12:09:09PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:

> [Not sure why you posted a technical question under an offtopic
> subject.]

Eh, I guess because I didn't expect a (positive) answer.  According to
the previous responses, actual librification of Arch is about where I
remember it being.

> I know you write Perl,

I feel so profiled. ;)  But yes, that would be my language of choice
in this matter.

> so you should definitely take a look at arch-perl.

I just did.  Fantastic.  Evidently, it was quite silly of me not to
search on CPAN before asking.  Many thanks. :)

My hope is to start with basic arch functionality and begin slowly
altering its concepts, reimplementing parts in Perl while maintaining
a working program.  At this point, I'm guessing this will involve
either tla-as-library with callbacks, or tla-as-program with an
embedded Perl engine.  Ugly, but immediate and incremental.

Guess we'll see where things go.