Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file system interface to a database

From: Milan Cvetkovic
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] file system interface to a database
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 15:46:20 -0500

Aldrik KLEBER wrote:

> tla don't touch the database directly, this is the SQLite engine who
> access the database, SQLite engine is mature.

Let's just say that the probability of corrupting a database while
working with it is much higher than probability of corrupting files
while reading them.

My trust in tla *and* sqlite and together is much smaller than my trust
in tla only (or sqlite only), not because sqlite is not good, but
because my trust (lower than 100% multiplies) with each.

In fact, I would like to see tla make revision directories/files
read/only right after creation. Maybe one day I add such thing to tla...

Milan.