Re: [Gnu-arch-users] contributors' licensing conditions

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] contributors' licensing conditions
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:30:33 +0900

    James> Yes, software can have bugs, and licenses can have bugs
    James> too. This draft has at least three significant bugs and two
    James> dozen minor ones. Thats ok though, because this is not a
    James> license -- its a first draft.

That's not OK in software, and I doubt it's any more OK in law.  Every
draft should be treated as though it were going to be used by real
people.

    James> That said, I've heard you say that it doesn't read this way
    James> to you. I'll make a point of discussing this issue on the
    James> board that I'm on.

Thank you.

    James> You can help by visiting the site that I've mentioned to
    James> clearly mark and indicate your chain of logic that brings
    James> you to that conclusion.

My first reaction is "Just mark the whole thing!" ;-)  I picked that
as a particular point of confusion, but except for the parts derived
from GPLv2, this draft reads like Obfuscated C to BASIC programmer.

I'll take your suggestion as to the use of my Copious Free Time under
advisement.