Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] archzoom
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:16:51 +0200

Hi,

"Andy Tai" <address@hidden> writes:

> On an Arch-related topic, the Savannah people disabled Archzoom (the Arch
> archive web browser) because it "takes too much CPU."  I wonder if the CPU
> load is due to Archzoom's exec'ing tla to carry out queries...

Yes, it seems to be the case from what I heard about it.  But I think it
would be nice if people with experience on that topic (i.e., the
Savannah and Gna! folks) could share it with us, and tell us exactly
what they think goes wrong (it is true that `tla' is not lightning fast,
especially without a revlib).

Thanks,
Ludovic.