Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnu-arch <> medsystemsgnu sysconfig.

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnu-arch <> medsystemsgnu sysconfig.
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:57:05 -0700

patrick blanchard wrote:
Hi

Installation of tla from apt-get (Xubuntu) works fine. But I have a question -- how do I install the server, like my SVN server - a sever and a SVN client. I tried the mkdir ./build & cd build & ../configure from the tla snapshot. 'make' gave an error. So, I used the binary.

My first intention w/ tla is to transfer all my svn files over to gnu-arch. Then to begin a mock setup of a physician's clinic needs starting with my scanner - now in active use for my office (I was using paperport on MS windows). BTW, I have been using SVN for my word processing files in the office and forgot to mention that earlier. It works great, and the SVN server is off-site in a different office. So it is functioning as a backkup system. FTP was too awkward.

(I am printing all the paperport files to a virtual .tif CUPS printer, along w/ Hylafax filing of the .tif faxes.) So my 'image' needs are now met. I'll see what role tla can play there too.

First things first - to get a tla server and tla client properly working!

I'm not sure what you mean by a "tla server".   Arch uses a generic ftp or sftp server for read/write access and can additionally use an ordinary HTTP server for read-only access.    I didn't prepare the last couple of releases so I'm not really sure what documentation comes with them -- are you finding any in there that is helpful?

-t

thanks
Patrick