Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnu-arch <> medsystemsgnu sysconfig.

From: patrick blanchard
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnu-arch <> medsystemsgnu sysconfig.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:04:22 -0500

On 8/14/07, Thomas Lord <address@hidden> wrote:
patrick blanchard wrote:
Hi

Installation of tla from apt-get (Xubuntu) works fine. But I have a question -- how do I install the server, like my SVN server - a sever and a SVN client. I tried the mkdir ./build & cd build & ../configure from the tla snapshot. 'make' gave an error. So, I used the binary.

My first intention w/ tla is to transfer all my svn files over to gnu-arch. Then to begin a mock setup of a physician's clinic needs starting with my scanner - now in active use for my office (I was using paperport on MS windows). BTW, I have been using SVN for my word processing files in the office and forgot to mention that earlier. It works great, and the SVN server is off-site in a different office. So it is functioning as a backkup system. FTP was too awkward.

(I am printing all the paperport files to a virtual .tif CUPS printer, along w/ Hylafax filing of the .tif faxes.) So my 'image' needs are now met. I'll see what role tla can play there too.

First things first - to get a tla server and tla client properly working!

I'm not sure what you mean by a "tla server".   Arch uses a generic ftp or sftp server for read/write access and can additionally use an ordinary HTTP server for read-only access.    I didn't prepare the last couple of releases so I'm not really sure what documentation comes with them -- are you finding any in there that is helpful?

-t

I am trying to port svn to arch.  All current files are on the svn sever.

The HTTP sever for Arch sounds like the HTTP interface for svn, so that's good news (and a real benefit for EMR) Running Arch w/ HTTP access for med records under LAMP is more than HIPPA capable.

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around Arch.

I'll start w/ SSH File Transfer Protocol first unless you recommend otherwise. It sounds like I just need to checkout all svn files to the computer-based patient record (CPR) server, and learn Arch from the client computer.

for Hylafax, using FUSE works well for clients; this essentially prevents duplication and allows viewing only, so maybe that's a way too.

thanks

patrick