[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Fedora package and more

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Fedora package and more
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:56:06 +0900

Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:
> http://mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/ is still operational. I'm not aware of
> any particular interest in maintaining this, but also don't know of any
> plans to shut it down in the immediate future. (I am not part of the
> Bazaar team per se these days, so I may be out of date here).

I received an email from canonical asking if I still relied on the site,
and saying that they "would like to deactivate the Arch archive hosting
at sftp://mirrors.sourcecontrol.net"; (because it's "becoming a
maintenance burden").

Less-Automatic features haven't worked for a long time.  E.g., I created
a new archive last January, and while I can successfully mirror to it
via sftp, I was never able to get mirroring to the publicily visible
site turned on (so it's essentially useless except for backup purposes).

-Miles

--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein