gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] SHA-256/384/512 and Mac OS X/Mauve

From: Edward Kmett
Subject: [GNU Crypto] SHA-256/384/512 and Mac OS X/Mauve
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 00:21:36 -0400

Hi there.

I stumbled across this project the other day and I thought rather than lurk that I would contribute something.

I had some free time on my hands and implemented SHA-256, 384 and 512, their associated tests and JCE SPIs. I probably should have re-factored 384/512 to use a common base class, but I wanted to keep the same structure as the objects around it for a first submission and a quick diff will show the few differences.

How would you prefer them to be submitted? Via CVS (I just nabbed savannah username: ekmett) or patch?

Also, there appears to be an issue with the mauve test suite on Mac OS X due to the case insensitivity of the file system. The GNU-CRYPTO tag in the source/mauve-gnu-crypto tag file causes an infinite loop in the source/choose-classes shell script. (mauve-GNU-CRYPTO 'exists' insensitively so it kept reprocessing the file). Commenting out the GNU-CRYPTO tag in source/mauve-gnu-crypto enabled it to work fine for me though.

-Edward Kmett