[GNU-linux-libre] Re: Non-free packages in debian lenny

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Non-free packages in debian lenny
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:36:25 +0300

This discussion is pointless, but anyway...

Diego Saravia wrote:
> it will be a system incapable of autogenerating its sofware,

Not if the bugs that are left behind are fixed.  Which was the whole
point of my initial comment -- rm'ing is easy, the hard part is to fix
the mess after the rm action.

For example, the removal of Mesa/GLX in gNewSense was admirable (they
didn't know back then that the FSF is working on resolving the problem
in the best possible way), but it left many packages buggy and/or
useless.  Mostly because of lack of manpower; I don't mean to accuse
anyone -- I'm just saying that such things should not be acceptable.

An imaginary removal of TeX would be far more disastrous.