Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Artistic License

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Artistic License
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 20:27:16 +0200

Op Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:39:51 +0200
schreef Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>:

> - texlive-base: debian/copyright lists some license problems

Investigated more closely. These are no problem:

  - euler: LPPL according to source/latex/euler/legal.txt
  - adrconv: LPPL according to
    texmf-dist/source/latex/koma-script/doc/english/adrconvnote.tex
  - antp: not found
  - bbm: free [1]
  - cite: chapterbib.sty does have (free) license statement in header
  - tabls.sty: not found
  - import.sty: not found
  - relsize.sty: dedicated to public domain, may or may not be legal,
    but not a problem in practice, I think
  - shapepar.sty: not found
  - version.sty: not found
  - selectp.sty: not found
  - source/latex/shapepar/*: not found
  - hyphenat.dtx: not found
  - citesort.sty: not found
  - index.doc: not found
  - dinbrief: not found
  - eepic: CPAN page [2] where you can download the zip file that also
    includes the documentation says that the license is public domain
  - beamericon*: not found
  - 8r.sty: not found

Unresolved:

  - extsizes: autopagewidth.sty, extbook.cls, extletter.cls,
    extproc.cls, extsizes.sty don't have a license statement; not much
    activity in the Debian bug report [3]. I'll give the maintainers a
    nudge.

[2] http://ctan.gladstone-tech.com/help/Catalogue/entries/eepic.html