Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Ututo status

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Ututo status
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:38:36 +0200

hi all,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Ali Abdul Ghani wrote:

> Quoting Ineiev:
> > Perhaps we should consider a distro inactive if it takes more than a month
> > to contact its developers, shouldn't we?

> I Agree with you.
> in fact its must removed
> Because  They are putting Facebook and google+ and LinkedIn links in web site
> the web site of distributions must be free
> have fun and be free

I agree about this specific case, but disagree with a generic rule of
a month. A month is too short. as a developer, sometimes I concentrate
and stop interacting with people for even longer periods. there are
also vacations and sabbatical periods that people may take. ultimately
this rule may also be abused to exclude someone on purpose.

I think it should be at least 3 months, preferably 6 months and
clearly count three different attempts to contact, perhaps from
different people. IMHO

I write this because I'm always concerned by such rules and how dull
can be their procedural intepretation. We always need to have an "open
world assumption" on these matters and involve more than one person in
the evaluation.

so well, back to Ututo now you can count on more than 3 months and two
other people's opinions on this list.

ciao