Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Ututo status

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Ututo status
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 09:37:17 -0400

>>> Perhaps we should consider a distro inactive if it takes more than a month
>>> to contact its developers, shouldn't we?

I don't think we should have a single rule. These are all good and
useful projects run by people in our community. The FSF licensing team
can take over doing this leg work for now, although if anybody on here
has useful info you can feel free to share that with us at
address@hidden

Basically I think the gameplan is that we should find out what is
happening and why and if it makes sense we should find out if there is
something we can do to help (e.g., publish a post saying that the
project is looking for a new maintainer). This sort of thing happens
very rarely so it isn't like we need to worry about spending a few extra
minutes here and there trying to connect with people.

Depending on what happens, in some cases it might make sense to simply
note something on the free distros page and in other cases it might make
sense to remove it. If we remove it, it might also make sense to publish
a blog post. But, before we publish a blog post we should **make sure**
we know what we are writing about.

Best,

Josh