Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Other "Information for practical use" u

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola: Other "Information for practical use" under a free license
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 08:54:23 +0200

On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 11:48:22PM -0400, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> It doesn't say that "works stating a viewpoint" are inherently not
> Free Culture, it says that they are not *required* to be Free Culture,
> unless they are produced "by or for" Parabola (Hyperbola), in which
> case they are required to be Free Culture.
>
> Parabola is allowed to express viewpoints, we simply must use Free
> Culture licenses when we do it.

I think there is something seriously wrong with
those people who designed "free culture" to be
"free" to change other people's opinion
statements.

How can a thought spoken by somebody at one point of
time be modifiable in other point of time, by
other person? It makes no sense as it abuses the
author and proper attribution. It is not ethical.

That cannot be "free" in the sense of modifications.

Jean