gnu-misc-discuss

Re: Hey Terekhov: Wallace lost. Who'd guess.... ;)

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Hey Terekhov: Wallace lost. Who'd guess.... ;)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:28:46 +0000

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 14:34 +0100, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> The plaintiff has alleged future personal injury because of elimination
> of market opportunity -- an injury that flows directly from the
> threatened market foreclosure:
> “… Said predatory price fixing scheme prevents Plaintiff Daniel Wallace
> from marketing his own computer operating system as a competitor.”;
> Plaintiff’s Fourth Amended Complaint
>
> In the course of vending his competing operating system, the plaintiff
> has experienced firsthand the deleterious market effect of the GPL
> license when used by a cartel of competitors to distribute the Linux
> operating system.

The court found out otherwise, Lex:

        [T]he GPL encourages, rather than discourages, free competition
        and the distribution of computer operating systems, the benefits
        of which directly pass to consumers. These benefits include
        lower prices, better access and more innovation.

Or do you consider this judge is also drunk?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-misc-discuss/2004-07/msg00238.html

Rui

PS: learn with me, will ya? quote somebody else, preferably not a close
ally, rather than yourself ;)