Re: LilyPond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: LilyPond
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:20:49 +0200

> I downloaded the binary version of lilypond 1.2.11 and installed it on my
> RedHat 6.0 box.

That's a very old version, see the first FAQ on
http://appel.lilypond.org/wiki/index.php3?LilyPondFaqs

> I checked for the availability of all the mentioned necessary programs, and
> everything sees to be OK on my system.
>
> When I try to compile the example ly2dvi menuet.ly, I get an error message :
>
> Unable to open file 'menuet.tex' (LaTex is on my system !)
>
> What can be the reason for this ?

Check that 'lilypond menuet.ly' produces an output file menuet.ly,
otherwise it should at least give an error message of some kind.
(ly2dvi is just a script that first calls lilypond and then
includes the result in a latex wrapper to typeset titles and
get a nice page layout)

    /Mats