two questions

From: David Ondreka
Subject: two questions
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:02:49 +0200 (CEST)

There are two open questions I'd like to raise.
(actually, raise again since they appear to have got lost in the
depths of this list when I asked them before ;-)

1. How can I get a working HaraKiriLyricsVoiceContext?

I tried the following without success:

HaraKiriLyricsVoiceContext = \translator {
        \LyricsVoiceContext
        \remove "Axis_group_engraver";
        \consistsend "Hara_kiri_engraver";
}

(Han-Wen, could you possibly include one with engraver.ly?)

2. Are
   \property ChoirStaff.ChoirStaffMinimumVerticalExtent
   \property ChoirStaff.ChoirStaffExtraVerticalExtent
supposed to work?
I'd actually like to use them to increase spacing between ChoirStaffs
(obviously), but they don't seem to have any effect, as the following
.ly demonstrates:

\score{
  \notes <
    \context ChoirStaff = ChoirI <
      \context Staff = StaffI \notes \relative c' {
%        \property Staff.StaffExtraVerticalExtent = #(cons -50.0 0.0)
        c4 d e f | g f e d | c1
        \bar "|.";
      }
      \context Lyrics = LyricsI \lyrics {
        foo4 bar biz baz foo bar biz baz
      }

    \context ChoirStaff = ChoirII <
      \property ChoirStaff.ChoirStaffExtraVerticalExtent = #(cons 0.0 50.0)

      \context Lyrics = LyricsII \lyrics {
        foo4 bar biz baz foo bar biz baz
      }
      \context Staff = StaffII \notes \relative c' {
%        \property Staff.StaffExtraVerticalExtent = #(cons 0.0 50.0)
        c4 d e f | g f e d | c1
        \bar "|.";
      }

  \paper{
    \translator{
      \ChoirStaffContext
      ChoirStaffExtraVerticalExtent = #(cons -50.0 50.0)
      ChoirStaffMinimumVerticalExtent = #(cons -100.0 100.0)
   }
  }
}

If the lyrics were associated with only one of the ChoirStaffs I could
essentially get the desired effect by using StaffExtraVerticalExtent
(see the corresponding commented out lines in the example), but
unfortunately that's not the case for my actual score. There I would
need to increase the spacing to make clear which of the ChoirStaffs
the lyrics belong to.

Best wishes, David

David Ondreka <address@hidden>