Re: Lilypond bug

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond bug
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:58:44 +0200

I checked this specific example and these warnings almost
doubled the TeX memory consumption. I don't think it's a
good idea to include them in the file. Maybe if it's possible
to add the warning just at the first and the last src: special.

Honestly, how many of you have taken the time and effort to
patch xdvi and really use this feature. I'd actually prefer
that it was turned off as default. Also, the FAQ doesn't say
how to turn off the src: special completely or even that
you can turn of the warnings from dvips. For larger examples,
turning off the warnings in dvips or turning off the feature
completely in Lilypond is necessary unless you want to wait
some 10 minutes for the shell window to scroll down.

        /Mats