Re: Accidentals---was---hyphens

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Accidentals---was---hyphens
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:46:27 -0500

================Tim Nelson:
but some stanzas end in the
middle of a sentence, for example :).
--------yhs
Fair enough. I said *in English*.

If I wanted to set this,
To music,
I would expect that,
There would be no pro_blem inse__rting,
The proper hyphenation,
fo____r singing.

If a line of ve___rse is so comp,
licated that words are brok,
en then just don't capitalize.

But hyphenation in music is to sing vowels. Normally. Does TeX know the
difference? Prob-lem pro_blem, dile_mma dilem-ma. ve___rse ver___se?
:-)
========================
        Well, more fascinated by the three different interpretations of what I
wrote :).
And sometimes this leads to a lot of futile crosstalk. How can it be
helped? You did not convince me that this second accidental was
necessary because it was characterized it as a reminder, or less
confusing, or maybe because I was stupid. I found Thaddeus Jones's
Harmony book thoroughly convincing, as a theoretical, historical, and
practical matter, that the second accidental is necessary in the measure
even if both parts occur on the same staff. I hope that I can redirect
all the flak to Dr. Jones, who is safely dead. Or you. I believe that I
met the man. I regret not reading his book sooner. ;-)

 o    o    |    o

daveA