Re: input/test/incipit.ly doesn't work

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: input/test/incipit.ly doesn't work
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 16:27:45 +0100

> When you run it as is, you get:
>
> address@hidden test]$ ly2dvi incipit.ly
> ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.128
> executing: lilypond  incipit.ly 2>&1
> GNU LilyPond 1.3.128.
> Now processing: `incipit.ly'
> Parsing...
> incipit.ly:20:27: error: parse error:
>   \specialkey \keysignature
>                             f' fis'' g' gis'';
>
> incipit.ly:20:46: error: parse error:
>   \specialkey \keysignature f' fis'' g' gis'';
>
> ly2dvi: LilyPond failed: lilypond  incipit.ly 2>&1

I know! The main problem with this example is that the
support for special key signatures with different keys
in different octaves broke in 1.3.59.

> If you comment out the \specialkey, you get a lot of warnings about
> things being deprecated, including:
>
> warning: clefStyle is deprecated.  Use
>  \property Staff.Clef \override #'style = #"fullSizeChanges"
>
> And the clefs are not full size.
>
> When I use the above \property statement in my own incipit.ly, the
> clefs are also not full size.
>
> Is there a way to get fullSizeChanges in the current lilypond, or is
> it just broken?  I really would like to have it.

Have you tried
\property Score.Clef \override #'full-size-change = ##t

The \endincipit macro should be updated accordingly,
thanks for reminding me. I've only used this feature myself
in a couple of the Biber Mystery sonatas and I still revert
to 1.3.58 when I work with them because of the above mentioned
problems with key signatures for scordatura violin tunings.

    /Mats