Re: Patch, was: input/test/incipit.ly doesn't work

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Patch, was: input/test/incipit.ly doesn't work
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:57:46 +0100

>     Mats> +violinincipit =  \notes\relative c''{
>     Mats> +  \clef "french";
>
> This doesn't seem to produce a clef in my installation of 1.3.129,
> although \clef "french";  works in the context of
> input/regression/clefs.ly.

You have the explanation at the end of the file
(the setting of transparent):

    \context Staff = violin {\notes{
      \property Staff.Clef \override #'transparent = ##t
      \violinincipit \bar ".|";
      \property Staff.Clef \revert #'transparent
      \endincipit
      \violin
    }}

In the original version of the example, the `incipit' only contained
a chord indicating a scordatura tuning and didn't include any clef.
When I added illustrations of a number of other features, the result
probably doesn't make full sence.

     /Mats