Re: Lyric spacing in 1.3.129

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lyric spacing in 1.3.129
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:59:33 +0100

> > The following fragment was converted from lilypond 1.2.17 where it
> > worked fine. In 1.3.129 (actually I have seen it for some time in 1.3)
> > the lyrics get run together. My quick tests indicate that the where I
> > wish to print an underscore, it does not seem to include it in the
> > string length which causes problems where the spacing is controlled by
> > the lyrics.
>
>       I get similar problems if I use \scshape in the lyrics.

Yes, a better solution is to teach Lilypond about the Small Caps
font style. It's easy, add some lines to the definition of
paper20-style-sheet-alist in scm/font.scm, using the lines with
cmti as a template, replacing cmti with cmcsc and italic with
caps. Then you set the font-shape property to caps.

     /Mats