GNU Solfege 0.7.35

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: GNU Solfege 0.7.35
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 02:16:41 +0100

I figured out it is time to spam gnu-music-discuss again...

I am writing GNU Solfege, a free eartraining program. It is written
in python, with 700 lines of C to talk to the OSS sound driver.

You can build it as a GNOME application, or only using the gtk+ libraries.
It can run on OS'es that don't have OSS sound, you'll have to play
the music using an external midi player program like playmidi or
timidity.

I have tested it on Linux and MS Windows 95. I guess most of the
porting or *BSD is fixing the make files (I guess they don't use
GNU Make), but I don't have the time to do this myself right now.

The program use data files (called lesson files) to extend several
of the exercises, so users can easy make their own exercises, or
even better, create GPL'ed lesson files that can be included with
the program.

The Great Plan(TM) is it get out a stable 1.0 release before
Han-Wen finishes Lilypond 1.4. I hope to fix the most critical bugs
and add some lesson files and get it into woody (the next debian
release) before the optional package freeze.

So this is a call for testers. Please complain about anything that
make the program unsuitable for a 1.0 release. (Yes, I *will* write
some more lesson files before 1.0) Concerning the documentation,
remember some sex is better than no sex at all. (s/sex/documentation/)

http://www.solfege.org
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/solfege
--
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden>