Re: lilypond to pdf

From: Stephen Peters
Subject: Re: lilypond to pdf
Date: 06 Mar 2001 00:34:13 -0500

> > It won't give any better output as long as the feta fonts
> > in the Postscript file are bitmapped. As soon as we can
> > produce Type1 versions of the fonts, the PDF files will
> > be perfect. Now, you get fuzzy-looking note symbols on
> > the screen since they are bitmapped.

At one point in time I'd submitted some patches to make lily output
compatible with PDFTeX, so you could go straight from the tex to PDF
without intermediary translation steps.  Now that it's looking like we
have nicer Type1 fonts, perhaps it's time for me to dust off those
changes and incorporate them into 1.3 -- perhaps even create a `-f
pdf' option to skip any middleman whatsoever.

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  address@hidden
  PGP fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE