ties in chords

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: ties in chords
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:06:10 +0100 (CET)

I want to perform a LilyPont export in "Noteedit":

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

But a have some serious problems with chords and/or slurs/ties.
I work with Lilypond version 1.3.108 (perhaos this is the reason).
The problem is: I have ties between chords but not between every note
of two subsequent chords.

I tried:

        \score {
           \notes\relative c' {
                \stemUp < c2 e ( g (  c > < c ) e ) g>

and

        \score {
           \notes\relative c' {
                \stemUp < c2 e ( g (  c > < ) g' ) e c>

I always get a warning:

        "bounds of spanner are invalid (Continuing; cross thumbs)"

and only one tie.  But there is no cross! The e and the g sould be
tied together. This gives two parallel ties.

Furthermore: I must set the "\stemUp". Otherwise LilyPond
produces 2 stems: one stem up and the second stem down (perhaps
because the c5 is higher than the 3rd line).

And still a question: I can't see the system here:

        \score {
            \notes\relative c' {
                \stemUp < c2 e g c > < c e g c >

This gives 2 times the same accord. But one would think:

        \stemUp < c2 e g c > < c, e g c >

is correct. Because the last c in first accord is c5 and the
first c in second accord is c4.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)