Re: ties in chords

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: ties in chords
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:21:57 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Rune Zedeler wrote:

> It is a problem to only tie some of the notes in at chord.
> The only thing you can do (I think) is to create two half chords - one
> in each voice:
>
>     <{<c g c'> ~ <c g c'>} \context Voice=another {e e}>
>
> Ties the c g c but not the e. This is very dirty, though, actually two
> sets of overlapping stems are created - one for each voice.

Thanks for all your tests!

I think I'll will use a tie over all notes if they are all tied.
In all other cases I'll produce a slur and inform the user about
a possible inconsitency.

> The motivation for disallowing this is something about that it "cannot
> be performed"...

I do not agree. On organ you can change from C major chord
to A minor chord such (extended Lilypond notation):

       <c~ e~ g > <c e a>

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)