Re: lily 1.3.141 bug with ly2dvi

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lily 1.3.141 bug with ly2dvi
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:52:25 +0100

address@hidden said:
> > I'm afraid the warning text is wrong here. Assuming that
> > the files in /usr/local/share/lilypond/afm/ really belong
> > to your currect Lilypond version,

>       How can I know that?

The easiest is probably to look at the file date.

>       here is the new output :
>

> ! LaTeX Error: File `titledefs.tex' not found.
>
> Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
> or enter new name. (Default extension: tex)
>
> Enter file name:
> ! Emergency stop.
> <read *>
>
> l.7 \input{titledefs}
>                      ^^M
> No pages of output.
> Transcript written on ly2dvi.out.log.
> erreur: erreur: command exited with value 256
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 565, in ?
>     dvi_name ýo_files (files, extra)
>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 472, in do_files
>     system ('latex \\\\nonstopmode \\\\input %s' % latex_file)
>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 267, in system
>     error (msg)
>   File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 130, in error
>     raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
> Exiting ...
>
>       Is it a problem with fonts ?

No, but latex doesn't find the Lilypond related header files.
See Jan's answer on this list on "lily 1.3.141 bug with ly2dvi"
ly2dvi used to set all the necessary environment variables
but the new version doesn't. That's probably why you didn't
experience these problems before. See also the installation
instructions.

   /Mats