Re: Lyrics and Cosmetics

From: Timothy S. Nelson
Subject: Re: Lyrics and Cosmetics
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 16:39:57 +1000 (EST)

On 24 Mar 2001, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> "Timothy S. Nelson" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >     I guess if the Big Names agree with me, I'd like a little extra
> > intelligence concerning either the "a8.( b16 )a4" example, or an option
> > which
> > says "Slurs always have the same anchor point", by which I mean that if the
> > option is on, then (head . head) and (stem . stem) are allowed, but not
> > (stem . head), or vice versa.
>
> What would you suggest to be the same anchors?  For (head . stem),
> would (head . head), be the same, or rather (stem . stem)?  Maybe,
> this the-same-achor feature should also check that slurs don't cross
> stems, or beams.  This suggestion sounds too vague or hairy for me to
> implement, yet.

        Ok, my understanding (from previous arguments, not the code :) ) of
the current decision process in lily about choosing stems/heads is that it
defaults to heads, unless there is a reason to choose stems (which seems to
occur with notes with flags, for example), in which case it decides
individually about each end.  It would be nice if it said "One end has to use
the stem, so they both should".

        Does that explain what I want better?

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: address@hidden | I am                           |
Web: Temporarily unavailable