Re: To Dave Arnold & others: Jazz chords

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: To Dave Arnold & others: Jazz chords
Date: 28 Mar 2001 10:04:38 +0200

Amelie Zapf <address@hidden> writes:

> I hope to receive suggestions - let's get it good & unambiguous, help me out,
> folks

It seems that you want things differently from someone else's jazz
style, and because you say you're old school, let's just have two jazz
chord styles.

I'd say: wait for 144, copy input/test/jazz-chords.ly to
jazz-modern.ly (or jazz-old.ly), add your test cases and add an extra
jazz-modern-chords-alist in chord-names.scm.

Am I glad that I didn't wait for consensus on chord names, but chose
Banter style + customisation :-)