gnu-regexp-users

Re: [Regexp] Need Help

From: btofel
Subject: Re: [Regexp] Need Help
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:04:48 -0400

On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 02:06 AM, Lalitha Yellapragada wrote:

     I am new to the concept of Regular Expressions.
     Can some one send me basic files which wud be helpful for
     me in getting the technology ?

There is book from O'Reilly Publishing called "Regular Expressions" or something like that, if you are going to use them a bunch it might be nice to have near by. Failing that, just do a web search on "regular expression examples" and start trying them out.

You might find it easier to experiment using the grep or egrep command on files at the linux/unix command line then with the RegExp class.

-brett