gnu-regexp-users

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Regexp] Gnu regexp and port to C#]

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Regexp] Gnu regexp and port to C#]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:12:32 +0530

If memory serves me right, address@hidden wrote:
> It seems to me that you may need to rethink the design of gnu.regexp if
> it is to be built in a C# manner.  If you kept the architecture the same
> then you would have Java style C# code but that would not make your API
> intuitive for a native C# developer.

Yes... that is a problem ... wrapping the gnu.regexp namespace in a
System.Text.RegularExpressions should solve that IMO ... But well ,
I'll try to leach the engine model directly into C# ...

Let me see how it turns out ... Regexp state machines can also be compiled
into CIL with C#'s system .. so I guess gnu.regexp would need some real
work to port anyway ...

Gopal