So how do we get this going

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: So how do we get this going
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:41:31 -0400

OK, now we have a savannah project, how do we get rolling?  What do we
need?  I still don't see how we are going to release jack without
pounding on upstream for things like the >2Gb ext2fs patch, etc. But
what do I know?

Here are some of my initial thoughts:

Installer:

1. We need one.
2. Should (can?) it be native?
3. Can we take advantage of what Ben has done with the liveCD stuff or
is that too Debian specific?
4. Do we need tmpfs fixed before anything?

Package Management:

1. Where are we with this?
2. Are we hosting stuff on Savannah, gnu.org, or both?

Standards / Policy:

1. Do we have anything with regards to Filesystem Heirarcy Standards?
2. Are we dumping /usr?
3. What init system (does that even make sense?)

Where are we?  What do we need?  Alfred, you probably have the best
ideas here.  I saw your TODO file and it is pretty comprehensive.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)