Re: So how do we get this going

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: So how do we get this going
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:27:35 +0200

   In my mind, ABSOLUTELY but it sounds to me that Alfred (and maybe
   others), only see this as more of the distribution aspect of the
   GNU System so it will probably have to go through "upstream".

Correct.

   Personally I think we may need to fork or at least pile up our own
   patched branch or we will never get anywhere near a release.

You haven't tried getting patches applied to the Hurd, I have.  It is
quite easy.  So lets not talk about any forks or patched branches of
the Hurd, or any other GNU project for that matter.  And if there
would be some problems upstream, lets resolve them with upstream and
not by creating more work for everyone.