Re: GNU and Lisp

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU and Lisp
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:36:02 +0200

   There are two lisp implementations on the GNU project:

Three, you forgot about GNU Common Lisp.

   So the work consist on write wrapper libraries in C for cover the
   hurd API, including trivfs, netfs, and so.

I'd rather see wrappers for somethings that are in the Hurd specific
parts of glibc.  I can't imagin why someone would want to write a
translator in scheme for example, but being able to interact with
translators is far more plausible (setting translators on a node,
removing, getting information about them, etc).

I would also rather see the console be extended properly so that it
uses guile instead of what is currently there.  You can't reconfigure
any parts of the console right now, and using guile to extend the
console for reconfiguration, and adding features would be extremely
useful.

In other words, I think that writting translators in scheme can wait.
But if you wish to persue that, then that is your choice. :-)