Re: A GNU Distribution

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A GNU Distribution
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 20:08:49 -0400

    > Indeed, that is the hard question.  I am not sure there is any way to
    > develop "the GNU system" and have it be a real success.  That's what
    > I said at the start of this discussion.

    Could you please state concisely what your criteria for 'real success' are?
:-)

To be worth doing, it would have to become the main free distro.  If
it simply becomes one among several free distros, then it would not
gain much for GNU in PR terms, and would divide efforts, and that
would be counterproductive in several ways.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation