Re: GFDL holds the answer about fancy javascript (was: gnuradio project.

From: Filip Brcic
Subject: Re: GFDL holds the answer about fancy javascript (was: gnuradio project..)
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 02:19:16 +0100

Дана петак, 03. март 2017. у 00.34.39 CET, Anonymous написа:
> Filip Brcic said:
> > There is absolutely no way to make that functionality without
> > javascript, unless you want it to look really ugly,
>
> If it's the cosmetics of fancy javascript frills vs. being functional,
> then the answer as to which wins that contest in the GFDL:
>
>   https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/directory/fdl-1.3-standalone.html
>
> (search for "simple html")
>
> If that should be overturned, the GFDL should be updated first, as
> opposed to projects violating it.

You have a choice between:

1) HTML without JavaScript and without documentation search functionality

and

2) HTML with JavaScript and with documentation search functionality where such
search functionality doesn't work on text-based browsers, but everything else
does.

I don't see that as a choice. If you do, then you are promoting denial of
service for everyone not using lynx (if I am to use your wording).

As for "simple html", that needs defining. I am not sure lynx supports even div
tags and it definitely doesn't support simple header/footer/nav/button/video/
article/section/... tags from simple html version 5. So, what exactly is
simple html? Who defines that? If anything, html is going towards simplicity by
introducing semantic tags (such as those I've mentioned), but is that simple
or complex?

--
GPG fingerprint: 9AFC0A4BD2CEF3D22CF6108196577BD3C105EDA4
Please read if you don't use GPG: https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/